Re: "Static planes value not equal to 1" (MK)

Subject: Re: "Static planes value not equal to 1" MK
From: Reynir Stefansson
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:04:55 +0000
Sez MK:

> i have some short text files (literally just lists of fully qualified
> file pathnames) put out by a basic perl routine that will not display
> in the mc viewer because
>
> identify: Length and filesize do not match 'file.txt'.
> identify: Static planes value not equal to 1 'file.txt'.
>
> leading to "Empty output from child filter"
>
> However, MOST of the files from this routine are fine, and in any case
> they ALL display without complaint in vim, gedit, cat, less, and
> fulfill their purpose within perl.  But i like to be able to view them
> my usual way of course and this message is disturbing to me...i can
> find no informative reference to "Static planes value", etc.
>
> What does this mean?

Most likely, identify, a part of the ImageMagick kit, is mistaking your
text for images. Several image formats use a magic identifier that's a
short text string. Check the text to see if there's a possible ID string
in there.

Reynir H. Stefánsson ([email protected])
--
It's paranoia only if *nobody* is out to get you.