Re: can't open graphic files

Subject: Re: can't open graphic files
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:56:59 -0600 CST
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, LUK ShunTim wrote:

> Guba wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I am unable to open graphic files (*.jpg, *.png, etc.) from within MC. I
>> get the error "2: identify: not found".
>> Naturally I had a go at /etc/mc/mc.ext, but to no avail. I also wasn't
>> able to solve my problem with the help of Google. Can anyone help me out?
>>
>> I am running Ubuntu 7.10.
>>
>> I appreciate your help,
>>
>> Guba
>
> Hello Guba,
>
> apt-get install imagemagick :-)
>
> Regards,
> ST
> --

And perhaps edit the mc.ext file to use ImageMagick programs? Don't
misunderstand, I use ImageMagick stuff every day, and I do have it hooked
up in mc (I develop camera support, so I have to look at lots of image
files). But I _did_ have to edit my mc.ext file to use "display" instead
of eeyes or whatever the GNOME program was called.

Cheers,

Theodore Kilgore