Re: Saving FTP/FISH/SMB places

Subject: Re: Saving FTP/FISH/SMB places
From: wwp
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:20:36 +0100
Hello Alexander,

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:03:21 +0100 Alexander Kriegisch
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Is there a way to save FTP, FISH and SMB "favourites" *incl. login data*
> in MC, so they are easily accessible? I know the dropdown list, but
> firstly it does not seem to store every place I connect to (don't know
> why) and secondly it does not store login data, AFAIK.

I store FTP links to the hotlist (once I'm logged in the FTP dir, I
enter the directory hotlist and do "Add current"). You can store links
prefixed w/ "[email protected]", or even with the password if you edit
the hotlist file manually: "username:[email protected]".

Regards,

--
wwp