Re: is mc OK for editing config files ?

Subject: Re: is mc OK for editing config files ?
From: Felix Miata
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:00:42 -0400
On 2007/10/10 08:36 (GMT+1000) Voytek Eymont apparently typed:

> I use mc and often edit config files with it's editor (httpd, postfix,
> amavis, and so on)

> I recently struck a problem where 'things went wrong' and I was told what
> follows,

> I'm *not* blaming mc for my problems, BUT just asking:

> is mc OK to edit config files, with regard to what I'm being told I need
> to do

I've rarely edited any config file with anything else. It might be that some
broken config file users might have a problem with a config file ending with
no newline, but I don't recall ever running across one, and it's plenty easy
to end the file with an extra <RETURN> just to be sure.
"The basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings
we get from Exodus and St. Matthew, from Isaiah and St.
Paul.                          President Harry S. Truman

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Mc mailing list