Locking directory panes while cd'ing

Subject: Locking directory panes while cd'ing
From: Keith Roberts
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:35:14 +0100 BST
Hi. Is it possible to have a button that would allow one to
lock directory panes while cd'ing to a new directory tree,
then toggle the button again to unlock the panes please,
once both directory panes are at the required location?

The reason is I like to have the same directory structure
open in both panes. I also have a 'tmp-backups' sub-dir for
making copies of the files in my current directory.

At the moment I have to cd to a particular location in the
left-hand pane. Then TAB to the right-hand pane, and do the
same thing again.

If it was possible to 'lock' the directory panes together,
so that wherever I cd to in the left-hand directory pane,
the right-hand pane would automatically follow in sync with
the left-hand pane. This would be alot quicker I think.

mc is my favourite directory browser, file viewer and editor.

Kind Regards

Keith Roberts

http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

This email address is challenge-response protected with
http://www.tmda.net