Re: is mc OK for editing config files ?

Subject: Re: is mc OK for editing config files ?
From: Felix Miata
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:25:31 -0400
On 2007/10/10 15:18 (GMT+1000) Voytek Eymont apparently typed:

> <quote who="Felix Miata">

>> On 2007/10/10 08:36 (GMT+1000) Voytek Eymont apparently typed:

>>> is mc OK to edit config files, with regard to what I'm being told I
>>> need to do

>> I've rarely edited any config file with anything else. It might be that
>> some broken config file users might have a problem with a config file
>> ending with no newline, but I don't recall ever running across one, and
>> it's plenty easy to end the file with an extra <RETURN> just to be sure. --

> but is that in OS/2 or Linux ???

AFAIK there is no MC for OS/2. On OS/2 I use FC/2 as my OFM, and its internal
editor for most OS/2 & DOS text and zip file editing.
"The basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings
we get from Exodus and St. Matthew, from Isaiah and St.
Paul.                          President Harry S. Truman

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Mc mailing list