Re: copy/rename (edit mode)

Subject: Re: copy/rename edit mode
From: "Helmut Hullen"
Date: 17 Oct 2007 20:49:00 +0200
Hallo, Felix,

Du meintest am 17.10.07 zum Thema copy/rename (edit mode):

> For years I've seen that in X, Shift-F5 & Shift-F6 actually do as
> expected. But on the virtual consoles, I've only seen that they do
> that when running *ubuntu (and maybe Debian too?). In Fedora,
> Mandriva & SUSE on virtual consoles, Shift-F3 is copy with edit
> destination name, and Shift-F4 is move with edit destination name.

It's strange, and I have not yet found any structure. Sometimes f11 and
f12 are taken from the right keys, and f13 is represented by "shift f1".
And sometimes f13 is represented by "shift f3".

It happens with some keyboards, it happens with some connections under
Putty. All with the same distribution (Slackware 11.0), on several
machines. No (simple) system, no (simple) structure.

Viele Gruesse!
Mc mailing list