Re: Locking directory panes while cd'ing

Subject: Re: Locking directory panes while cd'ing
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:20:42 -0500 CDT
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, William Kimber wrote:

> A very useful idea that I would also like
> William kimber
> On 18/10/07 04:35, Keith Roberts wrote:
>> Hi. Is it possible to have a button that would allow one to
>> lock directory panes while cd'ing to a new directory tree,
>> then toggle the button again to unlock the panes please,
>> once both directory panes are at the required location?
>> The reason is I like to have the same directory structure
>> open in both panes. I also have a 'tmp-backups' sub-dir for
>> making copies of the files in my current directory.
>> At the moment I have to cd to a particular location in the
>> left-hand pane. Then TAB to the right-hand pane, and do the
>> same thing again.
>> If it was possible to 'lock' the directory panes together,
>> so that wherever I cd to in the left-hand directory pane,
>> the right-hand pane would automatically follow in sync with
>> the left-hand pane. This would be alot quicker I think.
>> mc is my favourite directory browser, file viewer and editor.
>> Kind Regards
>> Keith Roberts

I agree. This looks interesting.

Also here is another suggestion, for the editor:

        Is the Shift-Tab command taken in the editor? If not, it would be
useful to be able to indent a block of text by highlighting the block and
then doing Shift-Tab, would it not? Or is there already a way to indent a
highlighted block and I am unaware of it?

Theodore Kilgore
Mc mailing list