Alt-I grouses

Subject: Alt-I grouses
From: Reynir Stefansson
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:22:19 +0000
I'm slowly managing to retrain myself to use Alt-I instead of Alt-O to
align the two panes with each other. I remain utterly convinced, though,
that it would have broken less to assign Alt-I to the intended Alt-O
function. But then, I'm strictly a user of Midnight Commander and dare
not even try to comprehend the labyrinthine mazeology that's behind
those two panes.

All the same, I'm reminded of when Motorola put an opcode on privileged
status when they came out with the 68010, and the gnashing of teeth that
caused among Macintosh (and other) programmers.

Reynir H. Stefánsson ([email protected])
The New Testament redefined Lucifer from Devil's Advocate to Devil.
This has since become a much-used ploy in politics.

Mc mailing list