Re: Thank you to the author of MC

Subject: Re: Thank you to the author of MC
From: Willie McKemie
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:00:07 -0500
> Much as I hate the differences between mc and my favorite OFM that isn't
> ported to Linux, without mc I'd not likely be using Linux. It's no mere
> crutch, but rather foundation. Distro packagers who don't include it in
> default installs are fools.

I agree.  That would be Ubuntu.  I use Ubuntu almost exclusively now.
The first thing I do on a fresh install is use vi (terrible unintuitive
thing that it is) to edit /etc/apt/sources.list.  Then install mc.
Then, I can easily edit other files needing customization.

I, too, am much indebted to mc author(s).

Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  410 days 19 hours 51 minutes
Mc mailing list