Re: Why is mc since 4.6 shiped with a striped doen html.syntax?

Subject: Re: Why is mc since 4.6 shiped with a striped doen html.syntax?
From: Michelle Konzack
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 15:06:32 +0200
Helleo Pavel,

thanks for your answer...

Am 2007-05-24 15:24:00, schrieb Pavel Roskin:
> I mean CVS revisions, which can be shown by "cvs log html.syntax" run in
> the syntax subdirectory of the mc working directory.

Since I have no CVS from mc, is there an online CVS?

I have tried to access a online CVS (private) from an Internet Cafe
using my Laptop, but without luck.  I can not connect.  It seems the
Internet Cafe is blocking something...

Yeah, like port 25 where I now use 587.

> Placing your attachment on CVS would those codes.  That's not how it
> should be done.  Ideally, all changes should be submitted as patches to
> ensure that there are no unintended changes.  And if the change is
> massive, it's essential that you start with the current version, not
> with some historic version.

OK, I will try to get the lates html.syntax from other where.

> I don't doubt that it's usable, but it's unfair to others to discard
> their later changes.

Right

> > And yes, I checked <www.w3.org> for the latest standard but I am a
> > little bit confused and I have not found a list of all currently
> > legal tags and there options.
>
> That's the reason we don't have those tags in mc now.  It requires work,
> and nobody has done that work.

:-/

In 5 hours I am at the LUGOG Meeting in Offenburg/Germany and maybe
someone can download the file.

> Then please start with the current CVS revision and add what you need to
> add to comply with the standards.

I will do it.

I asume, that there is a mc CVS on <gnome.org> but how can I access it?

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)