Re: Bold colors

Subject: Re: Bold colors
From: Pavel Tsekov
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:37:42 +0300 EEST
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Anton Monroe wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 07:36:30PM +0200, Caj Zell wrote:
>> I have a slight problem with my midnight commander look. I like the fonts
>> when
>> I disable color, mc -b, but running mc with colors makes the fonts look too
>> bold for me. I realize this is probably not a mc issue, but maybe someone
>> could give me hints in the right direction on how to change this anyhow?
>
> The actual font of the characters is beyond MC's control; it uses
> whatever font the terminal provides. But I think you are talking about

That is not true. MC can turn on/off certain attributes of the screen -
one of the being the bold attribute. The terminal would draw characters
with the bold font instead of the normal one. Currently MC draws certain
parts of the screen with the bold attribute turned on and this is not
user configurable. A workaround would be to set the bold font of your
terminal to a normal font  if it is possible.