Inefficient archive unpacking

Subject: Inefficient archive unpacking
From: Nagy Gabor
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:15:17 +0200
Hi!
I think mc's method for unpacking archives is inefficient and
dangerous. First mc extracts every file to /tmp and then copies to the
target dir. The main problem: When /tmp is full, we won't get any error
message. So I think mc should directly extract selected files to the
target dir (since /tmp is small in many cases). Until this is not
implemented, at least the vfs scripts should be checked and fixed to
avoid this dangerous no-error-message state (I looked into uzip for
example: unzip extracts to pipe and that is ">"-ed to the
target /tmp/... file, so unzip cannot report error if /tmp is full.)
Bye, Nagy Gabor