Strange bar on framebuffered console

Subject: Strange bar on framebuffered console
From: Reynir Stefansson
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:52:30 +0000
If you're using a frame-buffered console and there's some unused space
left at the bottom of the screen, you may have noticed this left-over
space occasionally switching to cyan when you flip ttys. As far as I can
tell, the trigger depends on the last action performed in mc before
changing ttys.

So far I have found three triggers, all with the occasional dud:

  1. Using/leaving the internal editor.
  2. Using/leaving the internal viewer.
  3. Tabbing into the panel (seemingly only with two half-panels) whose
search bar is lower on the screen.

I ran the tests using mc 2007-03-09-18.

As far as I can see, this bug (if it is a bug) is solely cosmetic, so it
should be OK to assign it a priority of wash-your-cat-first.

Workaround: Move the search bar up/down or jump into the subshell (if
you have it) for a moment before flipping ttys.

Dud: A bomb that didn't dump core.

Reynir H. Stefánsson ([email protected])
--
These words: "Four-oh-four --
Page not found". Your hopes, dash'd, fall