Re: unicode and german i18n

Subject: Re: unicode and german i18n
From: Pavel Tsekov
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:46:30 +0200 EET

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Bálint Kardos wrote:

just a question: why the utf-8 patch is not officially supported?
is it about ncurses / slang debate? Will it ever change?
Please, direct your MC related questions to the proper
mailing list instead to my personal box.

The UTF-8 patch for MC is slang specific and as far as I get
it is far from being complete/stable. MC itself is not unicode
friendly. Certain attempts were made by Roland Illig to change
that but now his work seems abandoned. If you search the developers
mailing list you'll find the related threads.
Mc mailing list