Re: mc+ACL

Subject: Re: mc+ACL
From: Marcin Rybak
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:40:00 +0100
> Just for curiosity, could you please describe the environment on which you
> run mc? OS, filesystem, processor and why you need ACLs?

PLD Linux -, 2.6.18
Filesystem - ext3
Processor... hmmm - strange question :) 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz

- much more secure (much less people know acl :> )
- flexible (for example 2 users have access to the same dir - and I do
not have
to make a group for them).
- simple backups - I can backup my whole system not as a root user - just by
adding user who can read everything - without write privilage

just imagine the situation - you have one folder - you have a group of
users and
want some users just to have read rights and some of them read-write - how you
are going to make it without using acl? ;)

Marcin Rybak

Mc mailing list