Re: mc ftp vfs strato

Subject: Re: mc ftp vfs strato
From: Pavel Tsekov
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:51:50 +0300 EEST
Hello,

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, me wrote:

> thanks - works too (in 2005-09-25-14)
> should be a option in vfs setting since ~/.mc/ini cannot be edited with
> mcedit
> removed my patch and did create a settings option instead - i cannot

Sadly, this is not the only option which needs more exposure :( There
are many options which lack a GUI and are not documented.

> check the side effects - the dialog seems dissorted, but i cannot
> figure what happens - maybe this stays a quick fix for me....

You have to modify the VFSX and VFSY macros...

> would it be rather nessesary to define this option per ftp server -
> how could one archive that?

I think it makes sense. To achieve that we would need a new configuration
file to keep track of connection settings. Of couse the connection
dialog box should be changed accordingly.