Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: mcedit and file locking

Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: mcedit and file locking
From: Pavel Tsekov
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:55:47 +0300 EEST
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, [email protected] wrote:

>>> Where is the dead symlink located?
>> In the same directory as the file being edited.
>>> If one user opens a file with mcedit for editing and another user
>>> does the same with mcedit should he get a message about this fact?
>> Yes.
>>> The mc version is 4.5.51 wiht RedHat 7.2
>> That version doesn't support locking. Locking support was
>> added starting with MC 4.6.0.
> I've updated MC to 4.6.0 on the RedHat 7.2 system, but there is still no
> dead symlink and
> no message editing a file already opened by somebody else.
> I've tried the same with MC 4.6.1 on a gentoo system, but also no symlink
> and no message.
> Is there a special option to activate locking support, or is there
> something else to do?

Well, maybe you are experiencing the problem described here:

If this is the case you have to download the patch and apply it
to your local source and rebuild. Or you can get the latest snapshot
of MC and build it:

The link name looks like this ".#filename", so if you have turned off the
listing of hidden you may not see it as well.

Mc mailing list