Re: mc starts after 60 second delay (fwd)

Subject: Re: mc starts after 60 second delay fwd
From: Pavel Tsekov
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:42:10 +0300 EEST

MC has support for samba. If samba support is enabled, MC will
read the global samba configuration file at startup. Unfortunately
the samba code that MC uses is a bit outdated and doesn't know of
certain changes made to the directives in the samba configuration
file. The "interfaces" directive is the one that we are interested
in - now it allows network interface names  (like eth0, wlan0, etc),
but it didn't in the past. Not  knowing this the samba code in MC
tries to resolve the interface name as if it was a host name.

Now, if you computer is not connected to the internet and
the "interfaces" directive in your configuration file does
contain a network interface name then MC will hang. To
workaround the hang you could comment out the directive,
or change its value so that it will contain an ip/mask
pair(s).

I hope that helps.