Re: Blocking DNS lookup on MC startup

Subject: Re: Blocking DNS lookup on MC startup
From: Pavel Tsekov
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:29:19 +0300 EEST
On Tue, 30 May 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

Yes. I understood that the first time through. There was a similiar bug
report already.

The question is: why MC is doing DNS queries? Is possible to
disable them?
Maybe someone else is doing those queries. A library linked to MC most
likely. I've tried to reproduce that many times and I cannot get neither
the slowdown nor those particualr dns lookups for interface names. I
disconnect the network cable and still I am not able to get the described
behaviour.
Ok, I was able to reproduce it - it seems that the slowdown happens only
if MC has smbfs support. I'll investigate.