Re: Blocking DNS lookup on MC startup

Subject: Re: Blocking DNS lookup on MC startup
From: Leonard den Ottolander
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:57:07 +0200
Hello Niccolo,

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 16:21 +0200, [email protected] wrote:
> Can you please give me the option to include debug symbols and

If you untar the mc tarball and run a make the result should be a binary
with debug symbols included. Run src/mc from the root of the build

I believe many package managers strip debug symbols. On RedHat/Fedora
you can install separate debuginfo packages to (re)include the symbols.

> the command line to attach MC with the debugger?

$ gdb <path to the mc instance running in the other tty> <pid of that mc

Establish the pid of the process you want to debug using
$ ps aux | grep mc

Once you attach the debugger the execution of the attached to process
gets interrupted. Mail the output of the bt command.

Mc mailing list