Re: mc installed but does not launch

Subject: Re: mc installed but does not launch
From: Pavel Tsekov
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 23:16:28 +0300 EEST
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Michael Bauer wrote:

I am attempting to install MC onto a Solaris machine.  I have successfully
installed glib-1.2.10 and pkg-config-0.20.  Once I had these installed, then
I was able to do a ./configure, make, make install without error for MC.
But then when I go to start MC (by typing 'mc') I get the following error
message:

mc
ld.so.1: mc: fatal: libgmodule-1.2.so.0: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

Can anyone shed some light on what I might need to do to get MC working?  If
it would help to have the full output of the ./configure, make, make install
then I can post that if requested.
Most likely the dynamic linker doesn't know where to look for the glib
shared library. Try this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/path/to/libglib mc