Re: mc cons.saver not work for normal user

Subject: Re: mc cons.saver not work for normal user
From: Leonard den Ottolander
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 18:42:37 +0200
Hello Dusan,

You are slightly overdoing it with the info. Not sure what the ps, mount
and dmesg output are needed for for example... Plus the use of multipart
html mail causes quite some waste of disk space and bandwidth. Please be
a bit more considerate next time you ask a question.

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 20:47 +0200, rekcah wrote:
> # ls -l /usr/lib/mc/cons.saver
> -rwsrwxrwx  1 root root 5696 May  5  2005 /usr/lib/mc/cons.saver

Well that binary is suid root which should work - although suid vcsa is
preferred, assuming the /dev/vcsa devices are owned by a user vcsa.
Please take a look just below the header of src/cons.saver.c -, but I am
wondering if you are actually looking at the correct binary. The latest
FC4 mc rpm I checked has cons.saver located in /usr/libexec/mc/.

By the way, you do *not* want suid binaries world writable!!!

Leonard.