mc installed but does not launch

Subject: mc installed but does not launch
From: "Michael Bauer"
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:30:07 -0700
I am attempting to install MC onto a Solaris machine.  I have successfully installed glib-1.2.10 and pkg-config-0.20.  Once I had these installed, then I was able to do a ./configure, make, make install without error for MC.  But then when I go to start MC (by typing 'mc') I get the following error message:

>mc
ld.so.1: mc: fatal: libgmodule-1.2.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

Can anyone shed some light on what I might need to do to get MC working?  If it would help to have the full output of the ./configure, make, make install then I can post that if requested.

Thank you for any help!

Mike