Re: Midnight Commander mod with Colorer-take5 syntax engine

Subject: Re: Midnight Commander mod with Colorer-take5 syntax engine
From: Pavel Tsekov
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:27:19 +0300 EEST
Hello Stan,

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Stan. S. Krupoderov wrote:

> This Midnight Commander build is modified to use Colorer-take5 as a syntax
> highlighting engine in standard mc editor.
> http://colorer.sourceforge.net/mc.html

That's just great!

> Maybe it can be useful for someone. Any opinions?

Sure it will! Some time ago I tried myself to get colorer to
work with MC. Unfortunately due to time constraints I abandoned
the idea - I just didn't have enough time to study how colorer
works properly.

I've downloaded MC-Colorer's source tarball today and I took
a look at the code. Though I haven't studied the code in depth
I can say that it seems pretty high quality. After all it is
written by the colorer's author himself - who could understand
better how colorer works :) I'll try to contact him and see what
he thinks about integrating his work into MC's source tree. It
would be also very useful if we could use the work done on MC-Colorer
to get syntax highlighting in the viewer too - this was one of the
tasks I was trying to achieve when I started investigating colorer.

Mc-devel mailing list