Workaround for snarky PF keys

Subject: Workaround for snarky PF keys
From: Reynir Stefansson
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:06:46 +0000
Saith Anton Monroe:
My own problem is using MC when SSH-ing from OS/2 to a Linux machine.
I've tried 'mc -x' and a variety of $TERM settings on each end in an
unsystematic way, but haven't hit on a combination that works well. Don't worry, I'm not asking the MC developers to solve that problem. But if anyone has some hints or pointers to sources of information about
terminal problems, we could add them to the FAQ file.
I've had a wee bit of bother like that. In my case, the SSH client was (and is) PuTTY. I wound up modifying ~/.mc/ini as follows:
[terminal:linux]
f11=\e[25~
f12=\e[26~
f13=\e[28~
f14=\e[29~
f15=\e[31~
f16=\e[32~
f17=\e[33~
f18=\e[34~
f19=\e[23~
f20=\e[24~

[terminal:xterm-256color]
f13=\e[25~
f14=\e[26~
f15=\e[28~
f16=\e[29~
f17=\e[31~
f18=\e[32~
f19=\e[33~
f20=\e[34~
bs=^?   # This was a directly-entered chr(127).
end=\e[4~
home=\e[1~

I run PuTTY in 256-colour mode because of the Elinks browser.

Reynir H. Stefánsson ([email protected])
--
"It's not polite to eat with food in your mouth!"

               (Nabiki, in "Ranma Compo" by Chriina)