Re: Blocking DNS lookup on MC startup

Subject: Re: Blocking DNS lookup on MC startup
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:21:51 +0200
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 01:58:19PM +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> And what about your operating system ?

Apologize my linux-centric view!
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Sarge
Kernel 2.6.8
GNU C Library libc6 2.3.2.ds1

> I've tried to reproduce that many times and I cannot get neither
> the slowdown nor those particualr dns lookups for interface names.

To reproduce the slowdown, those condition should met:

- Some nameserver exists in /etc/resolv.conf
- A default route exists
- The nameserver(s) do not respond and the error
  is not immediate ("connection refused" or "no route to
  host" are immediate errors, so no timeout to wait).

> Could you build MC with debug symbols and at the time the slowdown occurs
> attach to the MC process with a debugger and get a backtrace ?

Can you please give me the option to include debug symbols and
the command line to attach MC with the debugger?

Thank you again.

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy