Re: Blocking DNS lookup on MC startup

Subject: Re: Blocking DNS lookup on MC startup
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 09:57:33 +0200
> On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 19:03 +0200, [email protected] wrote:
> > Why this annoying lookup? Is there a way to avoid it?
>
> If you have a slow or non-functional connection to the X server, just
> unset DISPLAY.
> This is FAQ, question 9.2.

Thanks for your answer,

but I forgot to say that FAQ 9.2 does not apply: DISPLAY is not
set at all, X is not running on the machine and the problem
exists both on "ssh -x" (disable X11 forwarding) and on console
login.

Anyway, why MC try to resolve on the DNS the name of network
interfaces? When this make sense? Is this related to X?

Thank you very much

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy