Re: The shell is already running a command

Subject: Re: The shell is already running a command
From: Paul Reeves
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:03:01 +0100
On Wednesday 08 March 2006 09:17, wwp wrote:
> the shell is already running a command.. No, it's not!

> BTW, there's another one around the current directory. Say that you're
> in A/, do something in command-line, change dir to B/, switch panels
> off then on, you're back to A/, whatever the command-line "something"
> you did before is still running or not. I suppose that's related to the
> issue above, and feel desperate about this one too :-).

Yep, I'm also a long time and heavy user of mc and both of these really
infuriate me. I'm not sure which is worse, but I think the 'sticky'
directory one gets me the most. I've lost count of the number of times
I've switched to the subshell, typed a command and then found I was not
in the directory of the panel I was just viewing.

I guess it is all the more infuriating because mc is just such a wonderful

Paul Reeves

Mc mailing list