What Shell

Subject: What Shell
From: Reynir Stefansson
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:08:38 +0000
Pavel Tsekov wrote:
MC supports bash, zsh and tcsh.
What does MC need from a shell for subshell support to work, at least in theory? I recall a case (see MC Digest v7n3 for *that* little episode) where MC wouldn't go subshell with /bin/sh. At that time /bin/sh was a link to /bin/bash. It's of course possible that bash masqueraded as sh when run as /bin/sh. I didn't look into it then. I just wanted to un-fubar the subshell.
Thought: Does the subshell *have* to be the same as the login shell? Or
am I being stupid again? Both? Banner news, that.
Reynir H. Stefánsson ([email protected])