Re: The shell is already running a command

Subject: Re: The shell is already running a command
From: Pavel Roskin
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:53:10 -0500
On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 15:06 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, wwp wrote:
>
> > the shell is already running a command.. No, it's not!
> >
> > I have to say that mc is one of the tools I'm using all day long for years,
> > and that it's very convenient to my use. But, will we finally get rid of
> > that
> > irritating bug or maybe I'm alone in the dark :-) ? I constantly have to
> > return to
> > switch panels off, type CTRL+C (command-line was empty, not even a
> > white-space), then switch panels on.
>
> This has been discussed to dead already  and there is no easy solution. It
> usually happens when one types TAB and bash expects a second TAB to
> perform autocompletion. I.e. the cause is user input that doesn't trigger
> output from the shell.

More precisely, the shell received input and didn't report command
completion after that.  mc doesn't know the state of the shell, so it
errs on the safe side instead of passing the command that could be
appended to something already typed on the shell prompt.

The solution would be to integrate shell with mc.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin