The shell is already running a command

Subject: The shell is already running a command
From: wwp
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:17:21 +0100
Hello all,

the shell is already running a command.. No, it's not!

I have to say that mc is one of the tools I'm using all day long for years,
and that it's very convenient to my use. But, will we finally get rid of that
irritating bug or maybe I'm alone in the dark :-) ? I constantly have to return
switch panels off, type CTRL+C (command-line was empty, not even a
white-space), then switch panels on.

BTW, there's another one around the current directory. Say that you're in A/,
do something in command-line, change dir to B/, switch panels off then on,
you're back to A/, whatever the command-line "something" you did before is
still running or not. I suppose that's related to the issue above, and feel
desperate about this one too :-).

Tested w/ both 4.6.1 and 2006-03-01-xx.

Regards,

--