SegV on editing

Subject: SegV on editing
From: Reynir Stefansson
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:11:01 +0000
I munged something on the Linux box today that has screwed up the login, so that the *user* accounts (fortunately not root) aren't initialised completely. "I have no name!" &c.
This affects mc as well. The moment I make a change to a file in the
internal editor, it coughs and dies with a segvee. I'm guessing
something isn't completely validated in setting up the warning link.
Obviously, fixing it is a Simple Matter Of Programming... ;-)
Anyway, be aware that if you're a horse with no name, mc's internal
editor likely won't.
Reynir H. Stefánsson ([email protected])
--
I'll defend to the death your right to say that, but I never said I'd
listen to it! (Tom Galloway, with apologies to Voltaire)