Re: colorization of mc

Subject: Re: colorization of mc
From: Leonard den Ottolander
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:35:38 +0100
On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 22:15 +0100, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi Lucien,

> There are other examples of how the current context is
> "sticky" (maintained one character too long). Sadly the code is
> undocumented and the original author (Paul Sheer) does not want to
> change it's behaviour as "the syntax highlighting cannot have a bug
> because i have defined the specification as being the current
> implementation"...
> This issue is probably fixable, but I haven't quite understood that code
> yet...

Now I think of it... I discussed the context switch issue I'm referring
to in this thread:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2005-April/msg00089.html ,
"Double syntax context switch".

The fix I applied for this issue might well be the cause of your

Or maybe not, as " " is still a context, although not exclusive... Might
make a difference.

See if reverting that patch fixes your issue (reverting it will recreate
the issue mentioned in the thread above). Or see if (only) defining a
keyword '"*"' fixes your issue. Although that would break the
highlighting of the escaped characters in double quoted strings. Sigh.

Mc mailing list