Re: UTF8 term

Subject: Re: UTF8 term
From: Raphael Claudel
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 18:11:56 +0100
Leonard den Ottolander a écrit :

Hi Raphael,

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 12:26 +0100, Raphael Claudel wrote:
What the problem with utf8 and mc. With my iso8859-xx acount, all is fine. But if run a term in uft8 on my Ubuntu or Debian hosts the caracters are not in thr right place.
    Some id?
There's no official UTF-8 in mc. There is a rather useful patch that
adds UTF-8 support that is used by RedHat and SuSE. I'm surprised Debian
doesn't feature it as I thought the original UTF8ization of slang came
from Debian.

Still if you apply this patch you should make sure your locale settings
are correct. Use Google for answers.

I have recompile mc with such a patch. All are fine :)

Thanks, Leonard,  but someone know when a UTF8 official support ?

Mc mailing list