Re: quick view and user defined view

Subject: Re: quick view and user defined view
From: Pavel Tsekov
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:24:38 +0300

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:

> > You didn't overlook anything. It's just not possible at the moment. I'm
> > trying to build this feature into the current mc. Give me some time ... :)
> I give you 5min :-)
> Honestly: Would it be a difficult thing or more just some tweaks? If it
> would be easy I'd have a look if you could provide me with a starting
> pointer into the code.

Use view_file_at_line () in src/cmd.c as a starting point . The
interesting part is contained in

  if (regex_command (...))

near the end of the function body. The code dealing with the quick view is
in layout.c - it shouldn't be too hard to find it :)

It shouldn't be too hard to implement this feature and indeed it makes
sense to have it.
Mc mailing list