archives vfs problem

Subject: archives vfs problem
From: Iain Mac Donald
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:39:35 +0100
Hello all,

One of my favourite features of MC is the support for virtual FS and in
particular the ability to dive into zip or jar files. However, on one of
my server machines this has "sort of" stopped working.

Navigating to the file in question and pressing carriage return results
in an error displayed "sh: line 1: file: command not found" and nothing
else. On exactly the same archive if I do "cd archive.jar#uzip" it works
fine. All of MCs dependencies are installed and the config files are
identical to my desktop machine where everything works fine.

Any ideas? Google hasn't been my friend on this one.

By the way, MC has got to be one of the best tools available on any
platform - great work.

MC Version: 1:4.6.0-4.6.1-pre3-3
--
Regards,