external syntax check for mcedit

Subject: external syntax check for mcedit
From: Enrico Weigelt
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:41:20 +0200
Hi folks,

I'm writing quite articles in XML with mcedit, and I'd like to
have an syntax check for them within mc.

It's an easy task writing an external syntax checker, which
gets in the content via stdin or some temp file and spits out
error messages with text positions. (i've already written
and check util, which runs over all articles and prints out
all found errors). But the question is: how to call this util
(as fake ispell ?) and how to get the error text and position
back to mcedit, so it can display it and jump with the cursor
to the error position

Is this possible yet ?

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     [email protected]
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481