Launching app based on file

Subject: Launching app based on file
From: GiveMeFish Lists
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:53:01 -0600
Hi all,

I was wondering how to cause MC to launch an application (based on the file type) by simply hitting enter.
This seems to work for some file types such as OpenOffice (sxw). When I
hit enter in MC while highlighting a sxw file, it automatically launches
OpenOffice and loads the file. But with other types (txt for example),
it attempts to run the file as a shell script. I would like to load
this file into emacs, for example.
Is this set in MC? If so how? Or is this a bash setting? And if so,
which file do I update there?
Thanks for your help,
Matt.