Re: MC can't find graphical characters

Subject: Re: MC can't find graphical characters
From: /dev/rob0
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:11:03 -0600
On Tuesday 15 February 2005 13:05, [email protected] wrote:
> Hello!  I just installed MC off my $HOME directory.  I've gotten it

It sounds like you're trying to run this from your Panix shell account,
is that correct? If so, what is the client you're using to get there?
Some Windows-based ssh and telnet clients are lousy.

> Is there some configuration I can tweak to obtain the correct
> display? Alternatively, is there some simple test I can perform to
> ensure that my terminal can even *display* the correct characters?

That's what I'm thinking, that your terminal lacks this ability. I
don't know, unfortunately. Some terminals are better than others. :)

> FWIW, TERM is set to xterm.

And this too depends on what's in the system termcap database. You may
also wish to discuss this with Panix support.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header