Re: mc help file shows gibberish in stead of line characters

Subject: Re: mc help file shows gibberish in stead of line characters
From: Leonard den Ottolander
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:16:49 +0100
Hello Bob,

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 20:58, Bob Ambrosius wrote:
> I'm seeing ascii characters in the mc help opening screen in stead of line
> characters. I'm using mc 4.6.0 on one machine and 4.6.1-pre1a on another. I
> used to have no problems, but it's been a long time ago since I last used F1.
> Any ideas?

Yes. Upgrade to CVS. You can update to HEAD which has some experimental
code, but better to MC_4_6_1_PRE with
$ cvs update -r MC_4_6_1_PRE

Not sure which distribution you are on, but you could also grab yourself
the latest Fedora Core 3 rpm, which also has the improved UTF-8 patches.
If you are not on Fedora you could pop the tarball and patches in your
own build system. You might want to fix the version as it is using a
4.6.1a tarball (HEAD) which might give you trouble once 4.6.1 is out.

Leonard.