no shell output

Subject: no shell output
From: Frank Dietrich
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:46:56 +0200
Hi there,

I'm using mc 4.6.1-pre1 under debian sarge and have the following

When I use mc as normal user on a console session I can't see the
command output with C-o. When I start e.g. 'ls -l' then press C-o the
screen is blank. To see the output I can first press C-o and then
start the command or use the option 'pause after run... - on dumb
terminals'. As root it works like expected.

The second thing, as user I miss the layout option to define the
output lines. This option is only visible when I start mc under root

What's wrong? Some permission or missconfigured anything?

Mc mailing list