dependency problem installing MC in Redhat 9.0

Subject: dependency problem installing MC in Redhat 9.0
From: "Alejandro Lengua * VOhosting.com"
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:22:14 -0500
I am having a hard time trying to install midnight commander
(mc-4.6.0-2.i386.rpm), actually my only dependency left is
libslang.so.1 ....

Making some googling I found that the slang-1.2.2-1.i386.rpm
is the one I should need to install. However a more recent version
"package slang-1.4.5-16" is already installed.

So I decided to install forcing --nodeps
however it didn´t work fine and now I get this error everytime I run "mc"

mc: error while loading shared libraries: libslang.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Thanks in advance
Alejandro Lengua
Mc mailing list