Re: [Mailman-Users] no subject prefix

Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] no subject prefix
From: Tokio Kikuchi
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 05:43:52 +0900
Hi,

>> Strange.  At least the prefix '[dept-linux/pedago]' works at my test
>> site.  What is your version of Python and what is your list language
>> settings?
>>
>> I may be able to look into the problem if you can send me the copy of
>> original post message.
>>
> I don't have access to the server for now on order to know the exact
> version.
> It is on a MacOsX server 10.0.4 (postfix) (default mailman
> installation), all lists are in French, they are all working well,
> except one list for which the subject prefix is not used. All mails to
> this list are deliver without prefix, but are in pipermail with the prefix.

There is one point in the CookHeader.py where we abort prefixing:
         try:
             prefix_subject(mlist, msg, msgdata)
         except (UnicodeError, ValueError):
             # TK: Sometimes subject header is not MIME encoded for 8bit
             # simply abort prefixing.
             pass
This means your clients should be MIME compliant if they want to get
full service from Mailman. :-(
But, in this case, no prefix should appear in the pipermail archive.

I may be able to subscribe to your list and get some mail and browse the
archive if your list policy accepts.

--
Tokio Kikuchi, [email protected] is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/

Security Policy:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.027.htp