mailman-developers@python.org

Re: [Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatterindefau

Subject: Re: [Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatterindefault installation
From: "Jo Rhett"
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:58:25 -0700 PDT

On Tue, March 25, 2008 6:59 pm, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> So now we're back to my original question. Under what circumstances is
> it acceptable for an MTA to accept a message and then later return an
> undeliverable DSN?
>
> I thought previously you said 'none', but now you say your servers do
> it, so which is it?

My servers do it for mail accepted locally for relay, which is *only*
SSL-encrypted and SMTP-AUTH mail.  In short, zero chance of bouncing mail
to a forged sender.

My server does not accept e-mail from random parties for relay.  It either
rejects it during the SMTP transaction, or delivers it.

--
Jo Rhett
Network/Software Engineer

Security Policy: