macromedia.dynamic.html

is there a way to limit table width asbolutely?

Subject: is there a way to limit table width asbolutely?
From: "Lvanhoff"
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:53:06 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.dynamic.html

Hi
 On this page, which is complicated because it's a third party using my
header/footer (where I can control main table width) but then filling in the
content. I also (mostly) control css.

http://go.travelpn.com/flights/AirSearch.do?SEQ=1238603077462312009&affiliateId=
10022204
 But the table width gets pushed out beyond the header image size and looks
terrible.  The people who manage that end of it say its a known problem they
are looking into but they havent found a solution.

 Is there anyway to absolutely insist that the main table only be 980px
wide?Which then would force the content to fit into that space rather than
allow whatever it is to push out the table width to beyond the 980 which makes
the header area look so bad?

 Look, on some pages, it doesn't happen

http://reservations.bluehippotravel.com/nexres/air/advanced_search.cgi?src=10022
204
 But it's a different bit of third party content.

 Any ideas on how to solve this nagging problem would be much appreciated!!