macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Re: Creating Update and deleting Records Forms

Subject: Re: Creating Update and deleting Records Forms
From: "burkeslaw"
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 01:02:45 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Hi David

 Thanks again for your help, I had a feeling that I have generated unwanted
code. I have been copying and pasting recordsets from the update page. When you
copy a recordset from another page does this put code into that page from what
I can see it does. I have to agree I need to learn more about the individual
server behaviours, I will take a look at your website.

 I will start from scratch with my admin_members.php page which is my master
members detail page, am i better to use the Master Detail Page Set for PHP,
when I re create this page?

 With the Update and Delete pages I created a form manually for these and put
the hidden field in, binding it to the Members_Id, do I still Have to put this
hidden field in if I have the primary key Members_Id in the top of my forms but
as text only so it can not be changed by others, I saw the update wizard does
this?

 Thanks for your help
 Mark