Is it that I have to create the update form manually and then select it and
add the update form behaviour? Is there an Go to Detailed Page server behaviour
for php, or is this just for ASP technology.
I'm not familiar with the ASP server behaviors, but there is a Master
Detail Page Set for PHP (it's on the Insert > Data Objects menu).
Creating an update page is very easy.
1. Create a page that lists all records in the database.
2. Alongside each record, create a link to the update page.
3. When creating the link, click the Parameters button inside the Select
File dialog box.
4. In the Name field of the Parameters dialog box, type the name of the
primary key (ID).
5. Click the lightning bolt icon to the right of the Value field, and
select the primary key from the recordset.
6. Click OK twice to close both dialog boxes.
7. Save the page and test it in a browser. When you mouse over each
link, it should display a URL that looks something like this:
update.php?id=3. The name/value pair after the question mark pass the
details of the record as a URL parameter to the update page.
8. In the update page, create a recordset that uses the URL parameter as
a filter to select a single record depending on the value sent from the
9. In the update page, create a hidden field to store the ID from the
recordset (click the lightning bolt icon alongside the Value field to
insert the dynamic data).
10. Apply an Update Record server behavior. Make sure the primary key
gets its value from the hidden field in the form.
Alternatively, if you don't want to build your own update form, replace
steps 9 and 10 by using the Record Update Form Wizard (Insert > Data
Objects > Update Record > Record Update Form Wizard).
Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver