macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Re: Dreamweaver CS4 and MySQL PHP Databases

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver CS4 and MySQL PHP Databases
From: "Murray *ACE*"
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 07:38:26 -0500
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

* I have worked with GoDaddy databases using DW connection behaviors.

Mick's point is this -

My host (for example) allows external connections to their MySQL server, so I can work locally but use the MySQL database on my hosted site for the connection.

GoDaddy (ptui!) may not allow this, meaning you would have to work with a local MySQL server and a local database until you are ready to transfer the data to the host MySQL database. This is only really a minor inconvenience.

* With php my admin, I think you export your data into Excel, and then import into the corresponding database and tables on the remote server. The tables
will need to be set up the same as in your local environment.

Actually, you would just do a SQL dump of the entire database in your local PHPMyAdmin, and then execute that text file on the remote PHPMyAdmin.

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

"Nedward" <webforumsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:gjf58d$k24$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi:

Although my experience is somewhat limited:

* I have worked with GoDaddy databases using DW connection behaviors.

* With php my admin, I think you export your data into Excel, and then import into the corresponding database and tables on the remote server. The tables
will need to be set up the same as in your local environment.

I hope I am not steering you wrong and someone else will jump in...

Good luck, Ned