macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

Dreamweaver CS4 and MySQL PHP Databases

Subject: Dreamweaver CS4 and MySQL PHP Databases
From: "kent909"
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:39:33 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver.appdev

In my reading of books, watching web videos etc. I am finding myself with some
questions that are not answered in this reading. My questions pertain to how to
create a database driven website. I have installed MAMP on my computer and
created the database and tables in MySQL. Here are my questions.

 1. When I created my MySQL database I don't recall it asking me where I wanted
these files to go. Does it matter?

 2. If I have created the SQL database on my local machine and I do all my
testing there, how does it get published to my hosted site when all is
complete? Does this require that the MySQL database and tables be in the
website folder along  with everything else?

 3. When creating the database connection in DW I am presented with a dialog
box that requests information but does not indicate the relevance of the
answers. Example: "Connection Name" can this be anything or does it have
something to do with the MySQL database I have created?  Do I need the answer
to # 1 before I do this?

 4. My ISP "Go Daddy" provides the ability to create MySQL databases on line in
my control panel. Is the location of those files relevant to where my database
created locally needs to go?

 I am asking for a lot but as I have said everything I have read only gives me
a piece of the  process and nothing on connecting the specific choices I have
made to tie it all together. So any books or websites that you can point me to
that will answer these questions or just the answers themselves will be greatly
appreciated.

 TIA